IFMR Capital is a leading A+/A1+ non-banking finance corporation providing the crucial link between debt capital markets and high quality Originators who reach out to the emerging consumers and business owners. Using its deep experience, unrivalled data processing skills, proven and proprietary risk management processes, IFMR Capital continues to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns to a growing client base of Indian and international investors keen to tap into a growing market opportunity.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IFMR Capital is part of the IFMR Trust group of companies, which were specifically created to drive financial inclusion in India. The Company connects high quality Originators in order for them to deepen their presence and provide access to financial services to millions of financially excluded sectors and financially excluded households. IFMR Capital currently does this by :
- Identifying high quality Originators working across handpicked sectors of microfinance, agricultural finance, small business finance, affordable housing finance and vehicle finance
- Performing a comprehensive evaluation and analysis of our originators ensuring alignment with our stringent underwriting frameworks
- Catalysing debt capital markets by investing our capital and providing financial guarantees
- Using financial structuring expertise to achieve efficient pricing for clients
- Utilising financial tools such as repackaging, securitisation, and credit enhancement to tailor products to match the risk profiles of different categories of investors
IFMR Capital has employed talented capital market professionals with extensive experience to help it deliver this proposition. By allowing lenders in remote areas of India to increase the volume and lower the cost of borrowing for low-income and financially excluded families and businesses, IFMR Capital’s activities are now benefiting over 15 million individuals. The Company also helps its clients to build better operating and oversight systems and to implement customer protection principles, thus improving the quality of products and services that end borrowers receive.